Skip to main content
  • Our products Our products Our products
  • Sustainability Sustainability Sustainability
  • Careers Careers Careers
  • Investors Investors Investors
  • Meet AES Meet AES Meet AES
  • My AES
    Choose your location
    Choose location

    AES Global

    AES Local

    Andes Argentina Brasil Bulgaria Chile Colombia Dominicana El Salvador Hawai‘i Indiana México Miami Valley Lighting Ohio Panama Puerto Rico Vietnam
    Search AES


    wind power farm
    A sustainable future

    Message from the President

    We are committed to offering clean, sustainable and resilient energy solutions to our clients and communities. 

    Photo of Bolinaga

    Miguel Bolinaga

    AES Panama Market Business Leader

    At AES Panamá, we are committed to offering clean, sustainable and resilient energy solutions to our clients and communities. That's the reason why we have worked with our partners and stakeholders for the last 22 years to strengthen our portfolio of solutions, and achieve a strong and well diversified matrix. 

    It brings us great pride to be one of the first and main investors in the energy sector in Panama, where we have worked to anticipate the energy needs of future generations in the country and have invested more than USD $2,640 Million since 1998 to transform needs into solutions. We own and operate 1,141 MW of electricity generation facilities, 67% of renewable energy sources from hydroelectric power plants and wind farms. The other 33% comes from the first LNG fired power plant in the region, which makes the system more resilient and ensures a steady supply of energy. 

    We will continue working to offer safe, reliable and clean energy to Panama, while proactively partnering with all our stakeholders to improve people’s lives in a responsible and sustainable way. 

    AES, all our experience and energy for Panama!

    solar panels

    For the planet

    Accelerating clean growth and innovation

    Growth in renewables and energy storage is core to AES’ strategy.


    For our people

    Bringing our people together for greater impact

    Our people are passionate about meeting the world’s current and future energy needs.

    women in the community

    For our communities

    Partnering with communities for the future of energy

    We commit to strengthening positive impact through socioeconomic and environmental partnerships that improve lives today and in the future.


    Our sustainability goals

    coal icon

    Reduce pro-forma generation from coal to below 30% of portfolio by 2020 and 10% by 2030

    AES Icon for green energy: grey leaf surrounded by AES colors

    Have zero carbon emissions from electricity by 2050

    AES Icon for Green Growth : leaf image composed of AES colors

    Add 2-3 GW of wind, solar and energy storage per year


    Reduce carbon intensity 50% by 2022 and 70% by 2030 versus 2016 levels

    Download our sustainability report

    Back to top

    Copyright © 2009-2023 The AES Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy

    Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of The AES Corporation is prohibited. AES and the AES logo are trademarks of The AES Corporation. 

  • Our offerings
  • Cleaner reliability
  • New clean energy
  • Scalable ecosystems
  • Your profile
  • Sustainability
  • Clean growth
  • Efficiency
  • Energy storage
  • Fuel conversion
  • Our people
  • Contractors & suppliers
  • Keeping our people safe
  • Keeping our people safe
  • Our global workforce
  • Community partnerships
  • Access to energy
  • Economic growth
  • Environment
  • Relief efforts
  • Sustainability resources
  • Careers
  • Meet our people
  • Search jobs
  • Privacy
  • For the press
  • Media library
  • Press releases
  • Investors
  • Financial reports
  • Issuance documents
  • Rating reports
  • For partners
  • Suppliers
  • Meet AES
  • Our history
  • Our leadership
  • Global x local
  • Affiliations
  • Awards and recognition
  • Our impact
  • Contact
  • Ethics & compliance
  • Jump back to top